CHARISMA & CONFIDENCE
Are You Winning Friends and Influencing People?
Have you ever found social situations daunting or felt disconnected from others? Social challenges can stem from a range of factors, including social anxiety, low self-confidence, and fear of judgment or rejection. Childhood experiences, such as bullying or social isolation, may impact an individual's ability to connect with others. Lack of effective communication skills, misunderstandings, and misinterpretation of social cues can lead to difficulties in forming and maintaining meaningful relationships. A lack of exposure to diverse social situations and cultural differences can also hinder social interactions. Social skills coaching helps individuals develop self-awareness, empathy, and assertiveness, improving their ability to navigate social environments with confidence and authenticity.
Common social challenges where social skills can help:
Building and maintaining friendships
Effective communication in social settings
Overcoming social anxiety and shyness
Active listening and empathy
Conflict resolution and assertiveness
Reading social cues and body language
Navigating social etiquette and norms
Building rapport and trust with others
Networking and professional relationships
Online social interactions and digital communication
Charisma & Confidence - Social Skills Coaching
Coaching can be highly beneficial and advantageous in both personal and professional aspects of life. Coaching can empower you to build meaningful connections and navigate social interactions with confidence. A coach can help you improve communication, active listening, and emotional intelligence, leading to more fulfilling relationships and a stronger support network. Whether in personal or professional settings, mastering social skills can open doors to new opportunities and enrich your life.
Here are some compelling reasons why you might consider seeking coaching in these areas:
1. Improved Communication: Charisma and social skills coaching can enhance your ability to communicate effectively with others. You'll learn to express yourself clearly, listen actively, and engage in meaningful conversations, making it easier to connect with people from all walks of life.
2. Building Rapport and Relationships: Charisma coaching can teach you how to build rapport quickly and develop strong, positive relationships with others. This skill is particularly valuable in networking, making new friends, and forging connections in both personal and professional settings.
3. Career Advancement: In the professional realm, strong social skills and charisma can set you apart from your peers. Being able to engage and influence others positively can lead to better leadership opportunities, promotions, and career advancement.
4. Networking and Social Confidence: If you struggle with shyness or social anxiety, charisma coaching can boost your social confidence. You'll gain strategies to navigate social situations more comfortably and make networking events or social gatherings less daunting.
5. Influencing and Persuasion: Charismatic individuals often have a natural ability to influence and persuade others. Social skills coaching can help you understand the principles of persuasion, allowing you to communicate your ideas effectively and gain support for your initiatives.
6. Public Speaking: Charisma coaching can include guidance on public speaking and presentation skills. You'll learn how to captivate an audience, project confidence, and deliver your message with impact.
7. Enhanced Leadership Abilities: Charismatic leaders tend to inspire and motivate their teams more effectively. By developing charisma and social skills, you can become a more influential and respected leader.
8. Cultivating a Positive Image: Charisma coaching can assist you in presenting yourself in the best possible light. This includes body language, voice modulation, and dressing appropriately for different situations, all of which contribute to a positive and memorable image.
9. Conflict Resolution: Social skills coaching often involves conflict resolution training. You'll learn how to handle disagreements or challenging conversations with diplomacy and empathy, leading to more constructive outcomes.
10. Personal Magnetism: Charismatic individuals are often perceived as more charismatic and approachable. By working on your social skills and charisma, you can exude a positive energy that naturally attracts others to you.
11. Emotional Intelligence: Charisma coaching often includes developing emotional intelligence. Understanding and managing your emotions as well as recognizing and empathizing with others' emotions can greatly improve your social interactions.
Overall, coaching can have a profound impact on how you navigate social situations, present yourself to others, and build meaningful connections. It's an investment in personal growth that can lead to greater success, satisfaction, and fulfillment in various areas of your life.
What is psychotherapy?Psychotherapy, also known as talk therapy or counseling, is a collaborative process between a trained therapist and an individual seeking support. It aims to explore thoughts, emotions, behaviors, and experiences to promote personal growth, emotional well-being, and address specific concerns. Psychotherapy encompasses various approaches, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, psychodynamic therapy, and humanistic therapy, tailored to meet the individual's needs.
How long does psychotherapy last? How many sessions will I need?The duration of psychotherapy varies depending on several factors, including the individual's goals, the complexity of their concerns, and their progress throughout the therapeutic process. Some individuals may benefit from short-term therapy, consisting of a few sessions or weeks, to address specific issues or provide immediate support. Long-term therapy may span several months or years, focusing on deeper exploration and ongoing personal development. The therapist and individual collaborate to determine the appropriate duration of therapy based on their unique circumstances. Sessions are typically scheduled to occur one time per week at the same time and day if possible. Your therapist may suggest a different amount of therapy depending on the nature and severity of your concerns. Your consistent attendance greatly contributes to a successful outcome. Due to the varying nature and severity of problems and the individuality of each client, we are unable to predict the length of your therapy or to guarantee a specific outcome or result. The length of your treatment depends on the specifics of your treatment plan and the progress you achieve. Most clients see their therapist once a week for 3 to 4 months. After that, they meet less often for several months. Therapy then usually comes to an end.
How do I find the right therapist for me?Finding the right therapist involves considering several factors. It's important to seek a licensed and qualified therapist with expertise in the specific concerns you want to address. You can ask for recommendations from trusted sources, such as healthcare professionals or friends who have had positive experiences with therapy. Online directories and therapist matching platforms can also help you find therapists in your area. Additionally, it's crucial to feel comfortable and have a good rapport with your therapist, so scheduling an initial consultation or phone call to assess the fit is recommended.
Do you accept insurance?For mental health issues, we accept Blue Cross Blue Shield and affiliates (CareFirst, Anthem, BCBS Federal Employee Program, etc.) and Cigna or Evernorth. HOWEVER, please note that to qualify for insurance benefits, therapy must be related to a mental health diagnosis, like anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc., that has medical necessity. Most insurance plans do not cover relationship or sexual issues. Yes, it is sad considering that these are often the primary drivers for mental health issues. Please do not ask us to bill your insurance for relationship or sexual issues without first contacting your insurance company to check to see if your plan covers it. (We don't want to keep asking them.) Also, we cannot make up a diagnosis either, as this is insurance fraud and can cost us our license and result in serious penalties. Plus, insurance companies occasionally audit psychotherapy notes to ensure that treatment is related to the reported diagnosis. You can always choose to skip insurance and pay for therapy out of pocket. This will maximize your privacy and widen your pool of therapists. Thank you for your understanding.
How much does therapy cost?The cost depends on the type of service provided, who your provider is, and how long it lasts for. Please contact us for up-to-date rates. We also offer a 10% discount for online teletherapy sessions due. Sessions that exceed these times by more than 10 minutes will be billed accordingly in 15-minute increments. Additional charges also apply for sessions after office hours or on weekends. More information can be found in our informed consent document available upon request. All rates are in US dollars. Good Faith Estimate You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical and mental health care will cost. Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for medical services, including psychotherapy services. You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services, including psychotherapy services. You can ask your health care provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service. If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate. For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call (800) 985-3059.
Is psychotherapy confidential?Confidentiality is a fundamental principle in psychotherapy. Therapists are legally and ethically bound to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the information shared during therapy sessions. However, there are a few exceptions to confidentiality, such as when there is a risk of harm to oneself or others, child or elder abuse, or when a court order requires the disclosure of information. Your therapist should explain their confidentiality policy and any exceptions during the initial sessions.
Do you offer virtual therapy and coaching sessions?Yes! In addition to in-person appointments, HigherChange also provides online video conferencing sessions for both therapy and coaching. We use an encrypted video conferencing platform that we have a HIPAA-compliant relationship with. However, you will need a smartphone with a built-in camera or a computer with a webcam and microphone. (If booking a virtual therapy appointment, be sure to select "Telehealth for Maryland/California/Singapore" and specify where you live as the Location.)
Is therapy really beneficial?The benefits of therapy have been demonstrated through research. People who are depressed may find their mood lifting. Others may no longer feel afraid, angry, or anxious. In therapy, people have a chance to talk things out fully until their feelings are relieved or the problems are solved. Your relationships and coping skills may improve greatly. You may get more satisfaction out of social and family relationships. Your personal goals and values may become clearer. You may grow in different areas of your life.
What if I can't make it to a scheduled appointment?Apart from unpredictable emergencies like snow days or illness, we require a 48-hour notice for cancellation and rescheduling. Otherwise, you may be charged the full session fee at 100%, and this charge may not be covered by insurance. To reschedule an appointment, select Appointments > Existing clients in the menu bar and follow the instructions there. Alternatively, you can call or email us using the contact information at the bottom of the screen.
About Dr. Luttrell
Dr. Luttrell can help you reconnect and realign with your truth authentic self. He understands the insecurities and fears that hold us back from allowing our personalities to shine, and can coach you so that you are confident in any social setting.
“Dr. Thomas Luttrell was a compassionate coach and asked me probing questions which allowed me to go deeper into my situation and explore other depths to my issue I was not aware of. I could tell he was listening well and challenged me in the ways I needed to be challenged. I definitely had some breakthrough in our session and am grateful for the experience.”
Julie Mangus, LPC-MHSP
Select the Subject of Interest
Specify the issue you are interested in learning more about.
Unsure? Book a Call
Free 10-Minute Telephone Consultation
If you have any questions about our services, you can call us for a free 10-minute phoneconversation. There also may be times when you need to talk on the phone outside ofour regular appointment times. In case of an emergency, you may contact your coach fora telephone consult. If the call takes longer than 10 minutes, the time used will be chargedour regular fee, prorated in 15-minute blocks. All fees are subject to change.